All you know is that you need a roof or at least you think you do.
Maybe you have a leak. Maybe your insurance company told you it’s time. Or perhaps you’ve repaired it several times putting off the inevitable but you know the next pass must be a roof replacement.
Whatever your reason for calling, at CKG Contractors we tell you exactly what you need. We’ll come out to your home, walk the roof, and give you a free estimate. Sometimes you only need a roof repair or a few new shingles. Other times you need to replace the entire thing.
We’ll give it to you honest and straight because we know you don’t want to spend your money on a roof but it’s the only way to safeguard your investment.
Residential Roof Repair
When it comes to residential roof repair, the best kinds of leaks are the ones you notice right away. They may be incredibly inconvenient and can ruin some drywall but they’re easy to detect and find the cause. The roofing shingles can then be replaced by our expert master roofers.
But there’s another kind of leak, one slightly more sinister. It’s the leak that goes undetected for a long time. With our knowledge and experience, we’ve become experts at ferreting out the source of the roof leak and assessing the best way to address repair. We focus on efficiency and durability because as a homeowner, you should want both.
Sometimes these roofing issues are caused by spotty workmanship by the previous roof installer. They’re in a hurry. Often roofers want to get a job completed because they have another one waiting. They use fewer nails on the shingles. They place them right at the seams so one nail is holding down two shingles right at the edge. If that nail rots out, those two shingles aren’t anchored in. A proper roofing craftsman will ensure the shingle is secured somewhere other than the seam for durability and quality workmanship that lasts.
Why do we tell you all this?
Because integrity is important to us. We want you to be satisfied with your roof repair even if you’re not an expert roofer. But after working with CKG Contractors you’ll feel like one because we take the time to answer all your questions and walk you through the process. So, you’ll be confident in what you’re getting.
CKG Contractors has master craftsmen who specialize in the following roof repair types:
- Asphalt shingle roof repairs
- Wood shake roof repairs
- Metal roof repairs
- Roof vent pipes repair
- Roof valley repair
- Skylight repairs
Whether you need an emergency roof repair or just want peace of mind when it comes to your roof, CKG is your roofing repair expert in the Garden State.
Residential Roof Replacement
There comes a time in every roof’s life where replacement is inevitable. When that happens, our roofing replacement experts can assess your needs and work with you to help finance them.
The CKG Roof Replacement Process
- It begins with the initial assessment. We’re not going to replace a roof that still has life in it, unless that’s your preference. Our expert roofing contractors will examine the roof for leaks, storm damage, and other deficiencies. The roofing assessment includes examinations of the gutters, flashing, and waterproofing.
- You receive a written assessment of our findings. This will include our advice for repair or replacement. It also covers the type of work that will be done and why. We’ll let you know if we’re roofing over your existing shingles or if it’s advised to remove them. We give it to you in writing because we know you’ll want to speak to other roofers and we are confident in our assessments.
- Our team works to the specifications of the estimate and assessment. Haul away the old shingles (if applicable) and make minor repairs to the roof or the wood below (as necessary). We apply the shingles and flashing, and install the ridge vent. Our foreman will go into as much detail as you’d like about the process explaining as much of it as you want to know. When the work is concluded we’ll walk you through it so that you can examine it with our master roofer.
- Our work is backed by the 25-year CKG Titanium Workmanship Warranty. That’s our “It’s right or it’s free guarantee.” With a guarantee like that you know CKG is confident in our workmanship and the quality of the products we use. We don’t cut corners in either area.
Asphalt Shingle Roof Replacement: Remove or Cover
One of the biggest factors in the price of replacing a roof, other than the type of materials chosen, is whether we remove asphalt shingles or simply lay an additional layer. Most companies will underbid by simply adding another layer. It’s cheaper because you don’t have the labor of removing the old layer first. But you don’t want to do this more than twice. Each layer adds additional weight to your roof and your home must be able to support it. Otherwise, that first wet snow can bring an unpleasant surprise.
We take these things into consideration when we assess your roof. That’s also why we give you an estimate and report in writing. That way you know exactly what we advise and how we plan on replacing your roof. This helps you make an accurate comparison between bids.
Your New Jersey Roof Replacement Experts
We specialize in asphalt shingle roof replacements, wood shake roof replacements, and metal roof replacements. The latter requires a team of specialized craftsmen so if you’re interested in a metal roof replacement make sure you select someone with extensive experience with this type of specialty roofing.
All estimates are free. Contact us today to receive yours at 973-599-0811 or click here.
Click on the images below for more information on some of our services: